[simpits-tech] F4 SP4 stop order

Steve Wilson mafsix at gci-net.com
Fri Oct 3 17:08:21 PDT 2003

SP4 will happen.  The Frugal's World forum was an engine racing without a
load,
a Viper in the chocks at full AB.  Interesting vitirol, and more knees
jerking there
than you can count.  And being a recent expert in knee jerk reactions, I'm
(gosh)
an expert. :D

Anyway, I wrote Claude C. directly.  I figured, what the heck?  And to my
incredible
surprise, he responded to my email within ten minutes!  If you want to wade
through
all the real Q and A of the situation, go to http://www.f4community.com.
Mr. Cavanaugh
has been extremely open and is doing a great job of keeping up with the
posts that are
getting fired at him.  It's a real event.  Not everyone is absolutely happy,
but that it's
happening at all is a real treat.

And someone told Claude that SP4 contained a new binary.  Oops.  That not
being the
case, he has retracted his demand that SP4 stop.  His only continuing
concern is that
such edits also be compatible with OIR, since that is a new exe, fully DX9
compatible.
A pretty good idea, that.

We can relax now.....  ;-)

Steve