[simpits-tech] 5 inche LCD screen

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 31 May 2003 14:48:38 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 31 May 2003, Matt Bailey wrote:

> Excellent! I was just looking at one and thinking how annoying it is that
> they have sound etc, adding to the price no doubt. But then I had an
> idea.....what about using the built-in audio for certain cockpit
> annunciators? Not sure exactly where the speakers are on typical aircraft, it
> varies I suppose, but having those wimpy speakers built into the LCD almost
> seems ideal for getting variety in the location of various
> cockpit sounds.

For my first 'pit I used a Soundblaster Live sound card which fed two bass
bins mounted in the seat base, and only 1 pair of tweeter which were
mounted almost at ear level behind the seat.

The result was that I got lots of 'rumble' through the seat, and the ATC
chatter and little else came through the ear-level speakers.

I'm using one of those heavy-duty playstation VBH devices in the new seat
though ;)

Roy.