[simpits-tech] So who....

Stuart Whelan simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 26 May 2003 21:43:10 +1200

Has made an extra backup today because of this?

*raises hand*

I once lost about 3 years worth of coding to a small bug in the Windows
ME boot loader.

Included in that was a suite of utils I was writing for EA Games for
688I attack sub.

It was awesome stuff.

I lost all the source code, and the project stopped dead in the water.

I am not ashamed to say that I wept. Now I have this backup system:

Each morning all my source code is sync'd between my home machine and my
laptop.

Each evening at 16:50, all my source code is copied to the corprate file
server, zipped with the current date and backed up to tape.

Every Wednesday I back up all my source code to a CDW, label it, verify
it in another CDROM Drive, then file it in my filing cabnet

As well as this all my source code is in Source Safe version control,
also based on a backed up corprate server.

The only reason I lose stuff now is when I run the wrong script and sync
my stuff in the wrong direction... Doh!

I feel for you Brian!

Cheers!
Stuart.