[simpits-tech] AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *SOB*

Gordan Sikic simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 26 May 2003 10:05:10 +0200

Hi,

I suppose it's to late now, but just a couple of questions (ideas):

* DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ON THAT DISK AT THE MOMENT (sorry for shauting :)

 > but when I tell it to load windows, it still wont go. So, I go into
 > windows, and mount the Windows drive, figure I'd move my files over to
 > my other HD, then re-install windows. Well, take a look at the windows
 > directory and... GARBAGE. EVERYTHING COMPLETE GARBAGE. There's stuff
 > there, but its not what it should be, all jumbled garbage file names and
 > folders, a complete mess. A complete and utter damn mess.

*I suppose you wnated to say that you mount within linux, not windoze? I
would suggest to make a copy ood windows disk using unix's dd command.
(I think that) You may create (huge) file on linux FS containing
complete copy of windows's disk, and after you are bit calmer, you might
want to examine it on order fo rescue your work.

*If you see the garbage after a "dir" it does not meccesarily mean the
_data_ are lost. It might mean that just a FAT is gone away. I've dealed
with such a situation using Norton Disc utilities to directly access
disk and save needed files.

good luck!

Gordan