[simpits-tech] AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *SOB*

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 25 May 2003 22:50:54 +0000

Guys, I NEED HELP!!! I JUST ROACHED MY C DRIVE!!! No backups, naturally,
because I'm an IDIOT. Hell, the thing is screwed because *DUMBASS* here
didnt feel like making an undo disk when he toyed around with a bootup
option. *IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT*

Here's the story: My C: drive uses (or, used to use) LiLo, because I had
both windows and linux on the same drive. Whenever my computer would run
scandisk, say, if I shut the computer down improperly, it would tell me
there was an error in the IPL routine and ask me if I wanted to fix it, and
stressed that I shouldnt f' with it if my system worked properly. Well, I
was on the verge of removing linux, and figured if I told it to just fix the
IPL routine, it would just set the MBR back the way it was before I put LiLo
there, and boot windows as normal. WRONG. Instead, now it doesn't boot,
period. Shoot. Well, I re-installed linux, and got LiLo back in there. I
figure I should be ok now. Wrong. I can load linux now, but when I tell it
to load windows, it still wont go. So, I go into windows, and mount the
Windows drive, figure I'd move my files over to my other HD, then re-install
windows. Well, take a look at the windows directory and... GARBAGE.
EVERYTHING COMPLETE GARBAGE. There's stuff there, but its not what it should
be, all jumbled garbage file names and folders, a complete mess. A complete
and utter damn mess.

Is there any way I can recover this? PLEASE?!?!?! *SOB* I've lost my
high-res Mercury Model, I don't even want to think about how many hours that
took to put together - not to mention I've lost all of my bookmarks as well,
which means I'll have to track down all of my references again, and....
*SOB* I can't even bear to think about how much I've lost if I can't recover
this.... PLEASE someone know a way!!! *whimper*

Brian