[simpits-tech] Air & Space Smithsonian....

simpits-tech@simpits.org simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 22 May 2003 15:46:07 +1200 (NZST)

Quoting Bubba <mysticz28@swbell.net>:

> Matt Bailey wrote:
> >
> > Ya know, you would really have to interlink the bank of the bike with
> > steering, otherwise you'd have 100% independent movement of bank and
> > steering......not very realistic. How you would actually achieve a
> > reasonably accurate relationship between bank and steering, however,
> > would not be at all
> > easy I'd think.
>
> Yup, especially since the bars only control lean angle, but the lean
> angle
> is what steers the bike. Hmm... how about the lateral weight sensors on
> the
> pegs?
>
> Damn, there's a hell of a lot more to a bike sim than I originally
> thought
> ;)

So lets see... "turn" is a component of lean angle, which is controlled by
counter-steer/bar pressure, peg loads, body position....

How about using load sensors on the bars (i.e. to measure counter-steer
pressures) which in turn roll the bike, and have a position sensor on the bike
which feeds the game turn commands....  Then you need to sense fore/aft loads
to adjust body position in the game, oh and "pull" on the bars for
wheelies..did I mention I like wheelies? ;-)

Sean