[simpits-tech] New reply post to the Simpits Forum

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 18 May 2003 09:57:01 -0700 (PDT)

> Hey congrats Gene.  I took my general (written) and passed in Feb.  I still
> have to take the code portion.  I was gonna try for Monday...but now I don't
> know if I'll make it.  Once I pass it...I'll look for you in HF land!!
>
> Mark (KC9AVR)

Thanks Mark!  I knew that if I didn't take the morse code at the same time
I took the written, I'd never get it done.  The code isn't as bad as all
the no-code proponents seem to think it is.  Like any skill, it just takes
time.  What you do is promise yourself a prize once you pass the test.
That's how I ended up with a new Ten-Tec Jupiter. *laughs*  I even made my
first contact on Saturday night.  QRM was pretty bad though.  40M seems to
be really hash-y for some reason.

Rob & I set up a G5RV yesterday and it was a comedy of errors.  Building a
40' mast out of pressure treated 2x4s is a _bad_ idea, no matter how it
looks in your head. :)  Not to mention that 8 10' still wet 2x4s are VERY
heavy. :)  We did finally get it up in a different layout though.

g.