[simpits-tech] Splitting sounds in X-Plane

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 18 May 2003 02:37:10 -0500

Yesterday my POS Phillips sound card finally went completely tango uniform.
The left channel died a few months ago, the right last night while playing
pinball. I yanked it out, frisbeed it into the street, and stuck in a
Soundblaster Live 5.1 and now I'm much happier :)

While waiting for the unbelievably slow installer to finish I got to
thinking about it. Is there a way to split the sounds up so that ambient
noise goes to the main output and stuff that should go to the headset goes
to the rear or center output? Would make things much more realistic since I
could crank up the speakers to earsplitting levels, put on the headset, and
barely hear the tower ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net