[simpits-tech] one keyboard for 3 computers...

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 9 May 2003 12:32:17 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Michi Hirczy wrote:

> Hi, together!
>
> Does anybody know of a cheap kind of "keyboard splitter", which sends
> keypresses from one keyboard to 3 computers at the same time?
> google wasn't quite informative..

Nope. This is the reverse of what most people want to do!

I don't recall ever having seen a solution for this problem. If faced with
this myself, I'd probably write a little program to capture keystrokes on
one machine and squirt them to the other across a serial or network
connection.

You could of course just place 3 keyboards on top of each other and press
really REALLY hard!  ;)

Roy.

PS: After thinking about this for a minute, it might actually be possible
to connect one keyboard to multiple computers by making a 1->3 connector
lead. I think the sync is generated by the keyboard so this might just
work.