[simpits-tech] How to hook up fans & lights??

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 7 May 2003 17:46:19 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 7 May 2003, dphens wrote:

> Hi pit'n people :-)
>
> I need a little advice. I want to incorporate fans and lights (for panel
> backlighting) in my pit. I would like to have it all setup so that I can
> control the on/off and dimming (for the lights) from inside the pit. I
> currently plan on using standard 120vac lights and fans to do this. So, my
> question is what is the safest and best way to do this?
>
> My only idea currently is to remove the switch from the device and just
> rewire it to go through the switches in the pit. Being a novice with
> electrical devices though, I want to be sure am I doing this the best way
> possible.

I think I'd be looking at low voltage devices - not 120v stuff.

I used 12v case fans to keep my first pit cool, and that's still running
sweetly. As for backlighting, how about the cold 12v lights they're
selling now for posh PC cases?  White LED's?

Roy.