[simpits-tech] How to hook up fans & lights??

dphens simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 7 May 2003 09:42:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi pit'n people :-)

I need a little advice. I want to incorporate fans and lights (for panel
backlighting) in my pit. I would like to have it all setup so that I can
control the on/off and dimming (for the lights) from inside the pit. I
currently plan on using standard 120vac lights and fans to do this. So, my
question is what is the safest and best way to do this?

My only idea currently is to remove the switch from the device and just
rewire it to go through the switches in the pit. Being a novice with
electrical devices though, I want to be sure am I doing this the best way
possible.

Grateful for any thoughts!

Dave