[simpits-tech] If you use a mask for your sim, do you use the mic also?

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 01 May 2003 17:25:18 -0400

--B_3134654718_2105266

Yup. I run it through a audio mixer board, then the PC using Roger Wilco.

The next thing is to use the throttle com switch to switch between RW and
some sort of voice recognition program to send voice activated commands to
F4.

Also use the headset in my helmet.

Marv

On 5/1/03 12:48 PM, "Albert" <shizznit@ihug.com.au> wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone have ever used the mic inside their MBU oxygen mask
> or any sort of mask mics linked up to their PC soundcard and getting a decent
> quality.
>
> My first problem was boosting the mic input so the sound card can actually
> pick up the things I am saying by building a little preamp. That was easy
> enough... however, now I am having a problem of clarity. No amount of software
> adjustments I make can reduce the amount of "rumbling" noise I suppose if you
> imagine the sound of vibration within the mask.
>
> Initially I thought it was a case with the miltary specs microphone. So I blu
> tak a conventional PC mic to inside the mask. The result was almost
> indentical. The rumbling within the mic is the problem again I am presuming.
> if I take the mic away from within the mask. It sounds prefect, but with the
> mask. If I have it hanging on the Bayonet clips on one side. The mic from
> inside the mask can not pick up any sound at all.
>
> Is there anything I can do to make it work better to a clearer standard so
> other online flyers can understand what I am saying?
>
> Filter?a sponge around the mic? special type of mic to use? I am not sure
> where to go from here.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Al
> Sydney, Oz

--B_3134654718_2105266

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [simpits-tech] If you use a mask for your sim, do you use the mi=
c also?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Yup. I run it through a audio mixer board, then the PC=
 using Roger Wilco.<BR>
<BR>
The next thing is to use the throttle com switch to switch between RW and s=
ome sort of voice recognition program to send voice activated commands to F4=
.<BR>
<BR>
Also use the headset in my helmet.<BR>
<BR>
Marv<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Just wondering if anyo=
ne have ever used the mic inside their MBU oxygen mask or any sort of mask m=
ics linked up to their PC soundcard and getting a decent quality.<BR>
<BR>
My first problem was boosting the mic input so the sound card can actually =
pick up the things I am saying by building a little preamp. That was easy en=
ough... however, now I am having a problem of clarity. No amount of software=
 adjustments I make can reduce the amount of &quot;rumbling&quot; noise I su=
ppose if you imagine the sound of vibration within the mask.<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Initially I thought it was a case with the miltary specs microphone. So I b=
lu tak a conventional PC mic to inside the mask. The result was almost inden=
tical. The rumbling within the mic is the problem again I am presuming. if I=
 take the mic away from within the mask. It sounds prefect, but with the mas=
k. If I have it hanging on the Bayonet clips on one side. The mic from insid=
e the mask can not pick up any sound at all. <BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Is there anything I can do to make it work better to a clearer standard so =
other online flyers can understand what I am saying? <BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Filter?a sponge around the mic? special type of mic to use? I am not sure w=
here to go from here.<BR>
<BR>
Cheers,<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Al<BR>
Sydney, Oz<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3134654718_2105266--