[simpits-tech] Throttle Cutoff strip

Ben Jones simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:14:00 +0800

sukit,

I had the chance to fly a pc9 simulator last week ,
because i am a real pilot the sim operator decided to play with the
aircrafts settings a little ,
i was doing aerobatics lowlevel over a island not far from me , at the top
of a loop  my emgine module shat itself ,
lost all efis instruments ( flying really low and no instruments or
turbine).... to make things worse the operator reported over the inter comm
"Your ground crew left a pin in the ejector seat" so a bang out was not and
option ,, being 20 miles from land in either direction my only choice was to
carry out a ditch into the sea , after making a sucessfull (sort of) ditch
into the sea  , the operator walked over to me and poured a cold cup of
water down the back of my flightsuit ..... AHHH i got out really quickley
then

this it the cheapest way i have seen in a mil sim  to simulate the wet
effect in a ditching.....

I was not a happy boy for about 5 mins

ben jones
bjones@pipecomp.com.au

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sittisudjatum, Sukit " <SukitS@state.gov>
Subject: RE: [simpits-tech] Throttle Cutoff strip

> Oh, forgot to mention your pic, Albert.  Damn, you're so lucky being in
the hornet pit.  Don't be shy driving the hornet into the sea ... few feets
in front of the carrier :)  I'd love to do that too... and if know at the
first time how to do it right getting AB, you must be a pilot working around
the persian gulf now.  By the way, how the sim simulated when you dive into
the sea? Just "very curious" about how the mil sim generate this kind of
event.