[simpits-tech] Throttle Cutoff strip

Sittisudjatum, Sukit simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 07:49:44 +0700

Oh, forgot to mention your pic, Albert.  Damn, you're so lucky being in the hornet pit.  Don't be shy driving the hornet into the sea ... few feets in front of the carrier :)  I'd love to do that too... and if know at the first time how to do it right getting AB, you must be a pilot working around the persian gulf now.  By the way, how the sim simulated when you dive into the sea? Just "very curious" about how the mil sim generate this kind of event.

If I have a chance to be in those real sim pits.... I'll print everything I see into my memory... and put them on the CAD in the next day.  I have a good tip here.. just using your body to measure the things around you ( your height, your hand, your foot... anything at all).  Don't forget to bring a pen to "measure" the things, learn to use something that people won't expect.

Sukit Sittisudjatum
Founder, Thai Flight Simulator
www.thaiflight.com
Bangkok, Thailand

-----Original Message-----
From: Albert [mailto:shizznit@ihug.com.au]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 5:04 AM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Throttle Cutoff strip

Martin,

Thank you, thank you and thank you. I have been staring at your sites
(especially that 2nd pic on the fifth row) for 3 hours try to make it out in
my head and your explaination have made it all crystal now. I am working on
drawings at the moment in an attempt to replicate a good level of realism on
the details of the quadrant which can be integrated with the cougar
throttle.

Please bear with me for the next question... I really need to find out some
numbers so I can make a good replication and I have uploaded the picture to
www.shizznit.com/images/throttle_quadrant_1.jpg . Excuse my humble drawing.
I did it in Adobe Illustrator using a few pics from your website to
demostrate what I desperately need. The picture is used for this sole
purpose only. I will delete that off my site afterward.

Thanks in advance,

Al
Sydney, Australia