[simpits-tech] Dzus rails

Ed Henderson simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 02:36:57 -0500

I went with dzus rail mainly because you can take the panel out in 5
seconds if you need to get inside to fix something.  Second reason is
easy, instant configuration change if you want.  Third I think it just
looks better and after the dsuz rail is mounted the hard work is over.
 Everything snaps in and is properly aligned.  I was lucky and had some
surplus overhead Huey panels I ripped the dzus rail out of.  Other than
cost I can't really think of any cons to using it.  One note to save a
lot of headache...  get two blank panels of the correct size and mount
them in either end of the rail to mark, cut and install.

Not sure of price:
http://www.edmo.com/s2/s2-25.asp

Ed

Ken Hallenberg wrote:

>Hey guys,
>
>I am weighing the pros and cons of using real Dzus rails for my F16 pit project.
>
>I see on the manufacturer's website that they have several different shapes and
>configurations.  Can  anyone tell me if I need any of the special shapes for
>the F-16, or will just the standard flat strips handle it?
>
>Also if anyone knows of a good source where I can order some that would be
>helpful.
>
>Thanks,
>Ken

                ()