[simpits-tech] Sharman tank pit :)

Matt Bailey simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 01:29:25 -0500

On Friday 14 March 2003 00:36, you wrote:
> Matt Bailey wrote:
> > Oh maaaaan..................forget the kiddie tank, I want a version I
> > can drive. :) I think wood is out for that though......I guess it would
> > be pretty expensive. Potato gun, hmmmmmmmm good idea. :) I'm thinking
> > golf-cart motors, rotatable turret with adjustable elevation canon
> > (potato canon, that is), hatch over the turret (some small slits in the
> > turret for vis of course), top speed of, eh, 30mph or so? :)
>
> I was thinking that earlier, too. How about powering the motors with a
> generator? No transmission issues and if you want to run quiet you can
> shut down the generator and run on battery :) Or maybe a hydraulic pump
> on a VW engine turning a pair of hydraulic motors?

	Not quite sure what you mean by powering the tank with a generator, you mean
powering the drive motors with a gas-powered generator?

> Now if we could just figure out a good way to build a bunch of tread
> links. If only there was someone with a CNC mill... ;)

	We could cheat and use dummy treads, with four wheels under tank keeping
treads slightly above ground......but who wants to do that? Wait........using
this method would make it simpler to take an old car from the junkyard and
turn it into a tank..........hmmm imagine cruising down main street in that
thing. :)

	-Matt Bailey