[simpits-tech] Sharman tank pit :)

simpits-tech@simpits.org simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 23:36:11 -0600

Matt Bailey wrote:

> Oh maaaaan..................forget the kiddie tank, I want a version I can
> drive. :) I think wood is out for that though......I guess it would be pretty
> expensive. Potato gun, hmmmmmmmm good idea. :) I'm thinking golf-cart motors,
> rotatable turret with adjustable elevation canon (potato canon, that is),
> hatch over the turret (some small slits in the turret for vis of course), top
> speed of, eh, 30mph or so? :)

I was thinking that earlier, too. How about powering the motors with a
generator? No transmission issues and if you want to run quiet you can
shut down the generator and run on battery :) Or maybe a hydraulic pump
on a VW engine turning a pair of hydraulic motors?

Now if we could just figure out a good way to build a bunch of tread
links. If only there was someone with a CNC mill... ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net