[simpits-tech] Seat Adjustment

Ed Henderson simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 01:53:28 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_EcTBxoCtsBBVSDlmhM9FMw)

All right...  I give in.  I guess I am just a pessimist when it comes to
my construction...  trying to save the wear and tear on my ACES II.  I
used the ACES plans from simpits using osb (before I knew the joy of
working with mdf) and hardboard, I am sure it will hold up.  The seat
adjustment was also so that I could attach the seat to the floor and if
the position was not exactly right a month down the road it could easily
be repositioned.  I feel that it needs to be secured to the floor cause
it is a little aft top heavy and I know that my 10 year old will be
using the headrest for a handle to get in and out.

BTW :-)  before anybody hits me with "the F/A-18 doesn't use the ACES
II" I could not find any plans for the NACES, and I was too impatient to
design it myself.  I will however be starting on a NACES replica when
the cockpit is finished.

Ed

--
************************************
      ______________________
           Ed Henderson
        aircop@comcast.net
         Naples, Florida
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hangar
************************************

--Boundary_(ID_EcTBxoCtsBBVSDlmhM9FMw)

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
All right... &nbsp;I give in. &nbsp;I guess I am just a pessimist when it comes to
my construction... &nbsp;trying to save the wear and tear on my ACES II. &nbsp;I used
the ACES plans from simpits using osb (before I knew the joy of working with
mdf) and hardboard, I am sure it will hold up. &nbsp;The seat adjustment was also
so that I could attach the seat to the floor and if the position was not
exactly right a month down the road it could easily be repositioned. &nbsp;I feel
that it needs to be secured to the floor cause it is a little aft top heavy
and I know that my 10 year old will be using the headrest for a handle to
get in and out.<br>
hits me with "the F/A-18 doesn't use the ACES II" I could not find any plans
for the NACES, and I was too impatient to design it myself. &nbsp;I will however
be starting on a NACES replica when the cockpit is finished. &nbsp;<br>
Ed<br>
Keenan Akin wrote:<br>
 Why are you concerned about stepping on the seat? &nbsp;That's how everyone I
know gets in and out of an F/A-18. &nbsp;Holding the windshield bow, right foot
on the seat, left foot on the floor, right foot on the floor, sit down.<br>
 Keenan<br>
 `<br>
 Ed Henderson wrote:<br>

    <title></title>
           Yea I know, but I am trying to avoid stepping in and out on the
seat so I wanted to have about 8 inches in front of the seat to step in and
then slide forward. &nbsp;I was planning on a pedal adjustment as well, but I
have not thought about how to do that yet.<br>
  Gene Buckle wrote:<br>

 cite="midPine.BSF.4.44.0303100709420.46693-100000@grumble.deltasoft.com">

      <pre wrap="">Ejection seats don't adjust like that Ed. :)  You need to adjust the
pedals instead.  The only adjustment the seat can make is up-down with
about a 5 or 6 inch range.

g.

        <pre wrap="">Anybody have fore / aft seat adjustment ideas.  I was thinking about
drawer slides but they will not take the weight.  Second option is 4
casters in an aluminum trough and some type of locking mechanism...

Ed

    </pre>

      <pre wrap=""><!---->

  </pre>

    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
************************************
                ()
               (  )
               /  \