[simpits-tech] New products from Fligth Deck Solutions

Joseph Fagner simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 01:30:05 -0600

Damn, a Gigabyte?  I thought you were a computer programmer, you should know
better than to buy a piece of crap like that.  It's Abit or Asus or pen and
paper for me.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org [mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org]
On Behalf Of Gene Buckle
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 11:44 PM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] New products from Fligth Deck Solutions

> I've visited the Flight Deck Solutions page and I've a pleasant surprise.
> http://www.flightdecksolutions.com

Remember that image I uploaded a couple of weeks ago?

(this one) http://www.simpits.org/fileproc/files/beacon-panel.jpg

This is one of the first Elite panels from Peter Cos and it *rocks*.

The panel is laser cut *and* face etched.  The laser cuts away only the
paint layer in a method very similar to how "real" edge-lit panels are
built.  The quality is just astonishing.  As far as I'm concerned, this is
the Holy Grail of cockpit building.

As soon as I have a functioning computer again, (don't EVER buy a Gigabyte
motherboard!) I'm going to put up a series of pictures on my f15sim.com
site that shows all the post production steps and the installation of the
lamps.

Every one of the panels in the F-15 that I don't have already will be
Elite panels.  They're *that* good.