[simpits-tech] New file uploaded to Simpits by .

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 04:43:48 -0500

Matt Bailey wrote:

> I figured the bike would still accelerate better initially, but
> goodbye on
> the straights. :) One owner says his car has been clocked at 200MPH
> and they estimate it would do 230 if anyone were brave enough to try
> it. :)

It's all about who uses Newton's 3rd law in the most appropriate way ;)

> 10.5 1/4 miles, I would guess a tricked out Mirage could beat that
> but not
> sure.

It would have to be geared lower than the "norm" for the kind of car it is.
Roadracing generally needs taller gears, though I have pretty low sprockets
on the 7R. It pulls the front end with ease, something the nose-heavy 7R
isn't known for.

> As cool as bikes are, for some reason I've just never been inclined
> to get
> one (in fact I've never even driven one myself, just rode a few times
> as a
> kid). Maybe if I got some serious driving time on one I would feel
> differently, but I just like having something substantial around me,

It's more like flying than driving :) There's just something fun about
looking around on the freeway and knowing you could blow the doors off
anything in sight.

> What I REALLY want is a Z. :)

As in Z28 or a Nissan? If you want a Z28 I have one for sale :(
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net