[simpits-tech] New file uploaded to Simpits by .

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 03:45:03 -0500

Matt Bailey wrote:

> Then a Manta Mirage comes along and blows EVERYONE'S doors off. ;)

Not mine, I don't have doors ;)

I just looked around for some info and it looks like the thing is a hair
underpowered (300 HP? My Z28 has more than that by a good margin) and geared
to be fast, not quick. As my bike sits, set up for Texas World Speedway's
1.9 mile course, she should do 10.5 1/4 miles. Set up for the strip more
like 10.2s. On a road track the Manta would have to be able to put at least
a second on me down the front straight because I'm going to eat it for lunch
through the turns out back, especially the horseshoe. On the street it's
meat. I can get to 60 in about 2.7 seconds. It'll be loud and on one wheel,
attracting every cop in the time zone, but I can do it ;) Street races are
over by 100 MPH unless one or more of the participants have less brain cells
that CCs, so I doubt it could take me there, either.

I don't, however, want to race it from El Paso to Lubbock or some other such
long, flat, boring chunk of high speed nothingness.
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net