[simpits-tech] New file uploaded to Simpits by .

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 04:51:14 -0500

Sean Galbraith wrote:

> Oh nice... My wife (yep she's nuts too) had a '92 CBR-400RR, sorta
> like a mini-blade, with gear driven cams... loved the sound!

I want a CBR400RR or ZXR400RR for a track bike. Light, fast enough, but,
unfortunately, very expensive to repair over here since they were never
imported.

> Been there, GSX-R750R superbike, back straight at manfield race track,
> pulling some silly RPM in 5th at the 50m board, pop out of the
> bubble, and
> brake (gotta love carbon-carbon stoppers!)  Afterwards when I told the
> mechanic what gear and revs I was doing he worked it out to something
> like 255km/h (close to 160mph) yikes!

I need to build a GPS mount for the 7R. I have a RAM mount on the S2 and
have seen 135 MPH on the GPS before. After that I wasn't about to look down
and read the thing ;) According to my math the 7R should be able to do
between 165 and 170 if I can tuck in tight enough.

> Love that... average, pre-programmed lemming cage drivers have NO
> IDEA what
> power is :)  I took a local rally driver for a ride on my 1100, and
> he was
> blown away with the stopping power... oh and the 120mph wheelie :)

One time, at band camp, this idiotic riceboy revved his engine at me while I
was sitting on my far from stock Ninja 500 (intake, exhaust, cams, lots of
suspension work, everything not needed cut off and pitched, etc.). I turned,
laughed at him, waited for the light, and blew his doors clean off. And that
was a slow bike! No one has been stupid enough to try me on the 7R except a
squid on a CBR600. I'm assuming that he's only been around 600s and thought
that's what I was on (no 7R emblems on the solo tail yet). The only guy in
my car club that has a chance drives a nowhere near street legal Mustang.
Runs 9's. After that it's guys in the high 11's. The 7R should be in the low
to mid 10's :)
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net