[simpits-tech] ATTN: Mark Collins

James Hallows simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 00:46:08 +0100

At 18:29 15/06/03 -0500, you wrote:
>DDDDOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!   OK...I figured it out...Let's see...RTFM....look
>around the site a little bit...find the UPLOAD button...Ok...now I got it.
>Hey...I'm a helo guy...we all a little thick headed any way  :)

Mark

A tip: When sharing general images on the net, convert them from bitmaps
(.bmp) to jpegs (.jpg). They lose a little in quality but the size
difference more than makes up for this when people download them to view
them. This is particularly important for those on 56k or less modem dialups.

For example I downloaded
http://www.simpits.org/fileproc/files/controls1.bmp and it is 709 Kb. If I
convert that to a jpg with 10% compression using Paint Shop Pro, it becomes
90Kb. A major difference in file size ;) If you don't have PSP, a good
freeware app for graphics conversions is Irfan View
(http://www.irfanview.com/).

Cheers

James