[simpits-tech] Maplin Suck

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 06 Jun 2003 07:05:31 -0500

Roy Coates wrote:

> Original parts, even nuts'n'bolts can be outrageous.

$17/ea for the ZX7R stickers that go on either side of the tail, $29/ea for
the Kawasaki stickers that go on the lowers. $168 for the upper fairing
bracket, which I welded up myself for a total of $4 in steel until the
original gets here from the previous owner. All the screws and bolts and
crap I needed would have been nearly $100. $7 for stainless from the
hardware store. I might switch to titanium for the fairings, though. She's
about 420# dry now and I'd like to strip off another 10# or so. Wail until
you see this bike finished. The only thing that makes her a street bike are
the lights and mirrors. Everything else is pure race. I was shopping
specifically for a racebike with a kickstand and found this one that even
included all the stock street stuff. Got a steal, too. $16k to replicate her
with all new parts (CFM rearsets, Sharkskinz bodywork, Racetech'ed forks,
Muzzy Ti exhaust, K&N, Factory jet and shift kits, EBC rotors and pads,
steel brake lines, Sargent seats, fresh D207s, and so forth), all for $3k
cash :)

I'm a cheap bastard and proud of it ;)

> gene put me onto aerospruce (?) who have the genuine article for 9
> bucks.
> I've got a couple in UPS's capabel hands atm.

Aircraft Spruce and Specialty? As in ASS? ;) They're a bit expensive since
they sell mainly AC certified stuff, but I'll have to shell out for a gas
cap at some point when I build a kevlar tank. I'll check on the price at
AutoZone later today. Might be cheaper than I remember, actually.

> pics... I have got to see this!

I'm in the middle of reorganizing my website since I'm damn near out of
space, so I'll send one straight to you shortly.
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net