[simpits-tech] Jetstream Update

Bubba simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:23:07 -0500

Roy Coates wrote:

> Err... never. You can't. The only bit that gets me is the slight ramp
> at
> the back leading up to the toilet - which is now the library ;)

Hrmm... it's been years, but I could have sworn the spar went through the
cabin.

> Too far away. Theres a handy cupboard behind the FO seat which will do
> nicely though.

I don't remember that either. I don't remember there being anything behind
the seats, actually. Is this one of the stretched Jetstreams?

> When she was re-assembled, none of the linkages/cables were
> re-connected
> and we've installed gust-locks on all surfaces. Little point in
> flapping
> the things around really.

Nope, no point, other than messing with the brains of people that have no
idea what the thing is ;)

> Puzzled about the spar comments, if you look at the delivery photo's
> you'll see that the entire wing section is one lump, the fuse sits on
> top
> of that so the spar is effectively below floor level.

Might be the Death Tube (Metroliner) I'm thinking of, but I'll see if I can
dig up any of my very old pictures.

Ah HA! Figured it out. Dad used to fly the 31, not 41.
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net