[simpits-tech] Jetstream Update

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:48:47 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Bubba wrote:

> How many times have you tripped over the spar? Fortunately the 41 was phased
> out long before I worked there, nothing but SF340A/Bs and ATR72s, with the
> occasional 42, but when I was flying around the southeast US for fun I
> probably set a record for tripping over that bloody thing.

Err... never. You can't. The only bit that gets me is the slight ramp at
the back leading up to the toilet - which is now the library ;)

> Oh yeah, does
> yours have the belly pod? If so, there's a good place to pack in computers
> that don't need much attention. If I remember right there's a ~12" square
> access panel just in front of the spar that goes down there and enough room
> between the floor and subfloor for all the wiring you'll ever need.

Too far away. Theres a handy cupboard behind the FO seat which will do
nicely though.

> On the
> yokes, doesn't the 41 have full mechanical backups on the controls? As in
> power isn't needed to move 'em. If so, you planning on leaving it all
> connected so everything moves when it's supposed to?

When she was re-assembled, none of the linkages/cables were re-connected
and we've installed gust-locks on all surfaces. Little point in flapping
the things around really.

Puzzled about the spar comments, if you look at the delivery photo's
you'll see that the entire wing section is one lump, the fuse sits on top
of that so the spar is effectively below floor level.

Roy.