[simpits-tech] Flight Sim TV program

Brad Edwards simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:51:26 +0800

That's how the TrackIR works, and it's pretty cool. The idea is not to
turn your head so much that you can't keep your eyes on the monitor :)
I haven't seen the commercial, but maybe they exaggerated the head
movements to show what was happening.
--
Brad

>>> mysticz28@swbell.net 18/07/03 02:04:05 >>>
Jim K. wrote:
> You guys see the program on The Wings Channel called "Flight Sim"
> last night???
> It was pretty interesting.  not great but interesting.

One thing that was a bit odd is that the majority of the sims everyone
around here is building are closer to the real thing than the setup the
Army
is using for helicopters.

I'm still trying to figure out what use the head tracking setup they
had 400
commercials for has. Great, you can turn your head and it pans the view
on
the monitor... but since you turned your head you're no longer looking
at
the monitor.
--
Steve