[simpits-tech] don't golf on an AFB

Sittisudjatum, Sukit simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 07:04:15 +0700

Oh man.. that was big airshow having hundred of vipers worked around and above your head!  Do you think they want a caddy?

Sukit Sittisudjatum
Founder, Thai Flight Simulator
www.thaiflight.com
Bangkok, Thailand

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim K. [mailto:JimK@sisna.com]
Sent: 17 July 2003 3:04 AM
To: Simpits
Subject: [simpits-tech] don't golf on an AFB

Well today I went and played golf at Hill AFB.   The course is just a few
hundred yards to the side of the active runway.   Mannnnnnnn, talk about
distractions.  hehehe.   During our 4 hour game we saw about 100 F-16's
land and take off.   It was a non-stop airshow.  The cool thing is that the
golf course is right under the landing pattern.   so the jets would fly
down the runway and then turn right over our heads for the down-wind
leg.  some awesome stuff.   We also saw lots of A-10's take off and they
were soooo quiet compared to the 16's.   I have no clue how i played the
game as i was always watching the aircraft fly around.   Hill is also
building a new hanger for the new B-2 depot repair contract they got so it
looks like we will  be seeing some B-2's up there.   That'll be very
cool.   :-))))

I figured I'd tell you guys about my day since not to many others would be
interested.   :-)
Jim