[simpits-tech] Multi-Display Help

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:14:09 +1200

>Whats the best way to run multiple video outputs if 1 per PC is too
>expensive?  I'm looking at needing at leat 4 visual channels plus maybe 5
>glass displays which is waaaay too heavy on the PC requirements!

Umm, ouch!

For the out the window stuff you are in a real bind... only way to do
multiple accelerated views is the Parhelia (spelt *something* like that...)
card which will drive 3 accelerated views, which will leave one more to
drive, and I think you will have to go the wideview route for that
(assuming MSFS?)

For the 5 glass, that is a little easier, but depends alot on what software
will be driving the displays.  If you can use non-accelerated 2d stuff then
it'll be easy enough to bung a bunch of PCI cards in one machine and you
can just define where you want the displays, and drag stuff onto any of them.

That's kinda what I will do to run the cockpit displays in the A-4, 2 cards
in an old Pentium 200 running two smallish VGA screens.

Sean.