[simpits-tech] F-16 MFD bezels...and Square displays

Chris Crowley simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 05:56:41 -0400

Gene, I agree with you, thought the same could be said for
http://www.picmon.com . This tannas company developed a technology that
starts with a COTS part and modifies it (square) for aircraft use. For them
to be competitive, it will have to be less than what is sold now. Though
most likely not affordable from my point of view.

Now they also have mentioned industry applications on their site, which
would not require the testing of an avionics grade part.  If that were the
case then the price to the public could be on the high end of reasonable.

Also, since they have proven that cutting up an AMLCD is not an unreasonable
thing to consider (meaning it will still work afterwards), perhaps someone
currently struggling to design an MFD solution on this forum would give this
a shot.

Sometimes the ideas/process behind these companies is straightforward. Its
sounds like, after a brief scan of their literature, that maybe the design
of AMLCDs lends itself to a simple straightforward solution.

Comments?

Regards,

Chris