[simpits-tech] Sound off...

Alan D. Mazurka simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:20:47 -0500

--=====================_3052679==_.ALT

Hi, Keenan.

i stared very closesly at those carpeted woofer enclosures, because they
seemed to deliver maximum boom in a fairly efficient manner. just be aware
that these enclosures tend to 'boom'
at a particular frequency, (thanks to the cabinet design) and this can wear
on you once you become aware of of it.

i found a closeout on a 5.1 Sony home theater amp on pricescan.com, and
have put it to interesting use. the amp can "synthesize" 4 channels of
audio based on the stereo input.

2 channels (the front ones) are used to rumble the console, armrests and
controls. the rear channels provide the traditional sound you would expect.
the speakers are positioned on either side of my head, so it's very close
to wearing a huge set of headphones.

the subwoofer channel will be used to obvious purpose once purchased.

just one more source of confusion:

  - adm -

At 10:15 AM 1/27/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Any advice out there for sound set-ups?  I am thinking of using an
>automotive stereo amp and speakers (with woofer) for sim sound/vibration.
>
>Keenan

----------

Alan D. Mazurka                    Webspace Design & Implementation
adm.design@verizon.net

--=====================_3052679==_.ALT

Hi, Keenan.<br><br>
i stared very closesly at those carpeted woofer enclosures, because they
seemed to deliver maximum boom in a fairly efficient manner. just be
aware that these enclosures tend to 'boom'<br>
at a particular frequency, (thanks to the cabinet design) and this can
wear on you once you become aware of of it.<br><br>
i found a closeout on a 5.1 Sony home theater amp on pricescan.com, and
have put it to interesting use. the amp can &quot;synthesize&quot; 4
channels of audio based on the stereo input. <br><br>
2 channels (the front ones) are used to rumble the console, armrests and
controls. the rear channels provide the traditional sound you would
expect. the speakers are positioned on either side of my head, so it's
very close to wearing a huge set of headphones.<br><br>
the subwoofer channel will be used to obvious purpose once
purchased.<br><br>
just one more source of confusion:<br><br>
&nbsp;- adm -<br><br>
At 10:15 AM 1/27/03 -0600, you wrote:<br>
set-ups?&nbsp; I am thinking of using an automotive stereo amp and
speakers (with woofer) for sim sound/vibration.<br><br>
Keenan</blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
<hr>
Alan D.
Mazurka&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Webspace Design &amp; Implementation<br>
adm.design@verizon.net&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>