[simpits-tech] Force Feedback

Akin, Keenan L simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:00:16 -0600

Thanks for your input, Brian.  That is what I was afraid of.  Craig's idea is pretty cool.  I am toying with it a bit.

How's this for synergy?  I thought that you could use an air compressor mounted somewhere on the pit to not only provide air pressure, but to provide (recip) engine vibration as well.

Keenan

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian West. [mailto:bcw@palma.infotelecom.es]
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 1:51 PM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Force Feedback

Hi,
     I added a 5.25" aluminium tube extension to a CH Force Feedback some
while back. The purpose of this was to get the stick base below my  thighs
and mounted to the front of the seat. It pretty well nullified the FF
effects though. Eventualy want to do what Craig Rochester is doing with
pneumatics.
Problem is though the rest of you guys must have 36 hour days.
Best regards, Brian Wes