[simpits-tech] guy wanting Me109 data !

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:35:50 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Jonas Frazier wrote:

> I've seen pictures in the 109 in action book. Look at the irony. The plane
> that helped an army to conquer europe,  and destroy the jews,  was used by
> the jews who fled to israel.
> Jonas

I've always been saddened by the fact that the coolest aircraft were built
for the most nefarious of reasons. I made a point of watching a TV program
about the Suez crisis in the hope I'd sea Sea Hawks flying (I've got one,
but never seen one fly!) - to my delight, there were shots of sea hawks
buzzing around the carrier decks, and then I saw the carnage they had
caused on the ground. I didn't enjoy the program any more.

2c

Roy.