[simpits-tech] Sim with Fly! II

Matt Bailey simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:18:57 -0500

If Fly had X-Plane's flight model and out-the-window view (something about
X-Plane's look just rocks, maybe the frame rate, maybe the
antialiasing)............wow. That would be incredible. I didn't like the
scrolling panels in Fly2k but I think if I had a faster computer that could
provide smooth fps at high res (so more of the panel is displayed), I would
like it. I wasn't that impressed with Fly's flight model, but at least it was
more or less correct acting, on good planes (unlike the weird CFS [and I
assume FS] flight model). Part of that may have just been due to the fact I
got such poor performance because of my computer. And it's a 500mhz, the
300mhz'ish machines that were around when Fly was originally released must
have been hurtin'! Probably the only thing I really wish was different on
Fly's panels was the instrument animation, wish it were like X-Plane's panels
in that respect.

Hey, here's an idea....Fly providing panels on one computer, connected with a
computer running X-Plane for the flight model and OTW view. :) It actually
might work, X-Plane's limited system modeling need not be used, Fly would do
its systems and tell X-Plane when, for instance, an engine is on or off.

	-Matt Bailey