[simpits-tech] Projector question

Alan D. Mazurka simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:03:35 -0500

--=====================_483706==_.ALT

hi,

(wow)

At 08:26 PM 1/17/03 +1300, you wrote:

>I have been pulling my projector apart to see if there is a way of fitting
>a non-standard (read "cheaper") lamp to it, as mine blew it's arse (that's
>"ass" for our american-english readers) a month or so back :)
>
>I got all the safeguards tricked, except the one which tests for a
>suitable load on the lamp line.....  Anyone got any idea of what sort of
>voltage / current these lamps pull?  I figure that if I can add a suitable
>load to the line then I can fool the projector into thinking that the bulb
>is in place.... Then I can add an external light source (space is not a
>concern...) in an enclosure out of the top the unit (with it's own cooling
>setup and power source, probably 230VAC and lots of watts...)
>
>Any ideas suggestions (preferably not lewd and/or involving sheep or
>trout) or ideas......
>
>Sean

----------

Alan D. Mazurka                    Webspace Design & Implementation
adm.design@verizon.net

--=====================_483706==_.ALT

hi,<br><br>
(wow)<br><br>
At 08:26 PM 1/17/03 +1300, you wrote:<br><br>
apart to see if there is a way of fitting a non-standard (read
&quot;cheaper&quot;) lamp to it, as mine blew it's arse (that's
&quot;ass&quot; for our american-english readers) a month or so back
:)<br><br>
I got all the safeguards tricked, except the one which tests for a
suitable load on the lamp line.....&nbsp; Anyone got any idea of what
sort of voltage / current these lamps pull?&nbsp; I figure that if I can
add a suitable load to the line then I can fool the projector into
thinking that the bulb is in place.... Then I can add an external light
source (space is not a concern...) in an enclosure out of the top the
unit (with it's own cooling setup and power source, probably 230VAC and
lots of watts...)<br><br>
Any ideas suggestions (preferably not lewd and/or involving sheep or
trout) or ideas......<br><br>
Sean</blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
<hr>
Alan D.
Mazurka&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Webspace Design &amp; Implementation<br>
adm.design@verizon.net&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>