[simpits-tech] 2nd video card

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 13:41:43 +1300

At 03:59 PM 1/2/03 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm confused about using a second video card on one PC
>for FS02. I am using Win 98SE and understand the ISA
>card will not provide the 3d that FS02 has to have. I
>also have Win XP but have never installed it because
>Win98 has worked fine and I dont like to change
>anthing when what I have works. If I use XP will the
>2nd card (ISA) work with FS02?
>I really like FS02 and want to use it but I  cant
>offord another computer at this time so my only option
>is two cards in one machine, and that has limited me
>to FS98 for my pit.
>
>Justin

1st, you will need a PCI card for your secondary, and it will have to have
drivers which allow it to work as a  secondary display.
FS won't work very well with a 3d window on the second display, so 3d is
not really a consideration, but you can quite happily use panels etc on a
second display.  (I have run with an old dog Matrox Millennium 2Mb card
with panels on it and it was fine)

Oh and when you get multi mon going (see I said "when" not "if") I've got a
2 screen F-4 panel for you to have a look at ;-)

Sean.