[simpits-tech] Analog Axis to FS2002 through Epic via EpicLink, comment regarding OT posts and forums.

Stuart Whelan simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:42:46 +1300

Masses of egg on face. :)

In an effort to solve a different problem, yesterday I updated to the
latest wideserver/wideclient and FSUIPC. As side effect of this was that
now there is /NO/ discernable lag on the controls!

Woohoo!

Cheers!
Stuart.

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org] On Behalf Of Gene Buckle
Sent: Wednesday, 1 January 2003 2:01 p.m.
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Analog Axis to FS2002 through Epic via
EpicLink, comment regarding OT posts and forums.

> Anyway, Couple of days ago we connected our yolks for the 767 to the
> Epic card.

*cough*

Eggs have yolks, airplanes have yokes. :)

> The epic card is in a second PC, talking to FS2k2 via EpicLink.
>
> A few people mentioned they would be interested in hearing how much
> lag there is in the controls...
>
> There is about a 1/2 second lag.
>
> This is fine for a 767, but would be no good for a fast jet.

That's not even acceptable for a *slow* jet.  Great response time if
you're simulating an oxcart. :)  NEVER remote off your primary flight
controls!  Even the lowest level simulator certification requires a
300ms input to reponse time. (Level D)

As things begin to happen fast, you'll find yourself "chasing" the
airplane with that big of a control delay.