[simpits-tech] Analog Axis to FS2002 through Epic via EpicLink, comment regarding OT posts and forums.

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:01:24 -0800 (PST)

> Anyway, Couple of days ago we connected our yolks for the 767 to the
> Epic card.

*cough*

Eggs have yolks, airplanes have yokes. :)

> The epic card is in a second PC, talking to FS2k2 via EpicLink.
>
> A few people mentioned they would be interested in hearing how much lag
> there is in the controls...
>
> There is about a 1/2 second lag.
>
> This is fine for a 767, but would be no good for a fast jet.

That's not even acceptable for a *slow* jet.  Great response time if
you're simulating an oxcart. :)  NEVER remote off your primary flight
controls!  Even the lowest level simulator certification requires a 300ms
input to reponse time. (Level D)

As things begin to happen fast, you'll find yourself "chasing" the
airplane with that big of a control delay.

g.