[simpits-tech] Wiring of POT and EPL

Martin Ingold simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:38:22 +0100

I understand what you say... I don't say it doesn't work the way you say it does, but I say
that all my sim instruments don't need 400Hz, but +-15V and most do have synchros in... well at
least they are labeled as that, with the 26V 400Hz on the casing as you said.
You can see a pic of such a thing here:
http://www.f16cockpit.net/INSTR1.jpg
This is the electronics of a SIM INSTR MODE panel for the F-16 Made by Malwin.
I think you can see on the synchro that there's 400Hz written. I have to feed the chip there
with +28V, and do get a clean output signal on 4 wires (most likely sin/cos).
If you need more, I can take pics of other stuff with synchros in too... but as said, the
instruments all operate off of +-15V. Even the HSI, which has many synchros (about 6 IIRC) only
needs +-15V and a sin/cos input signal to be driven....

Martin