[simpits-tech] Wiring of POT and EPL

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:38:52 -0800 (PST)

> Not quite... the sim stuff that uses synchros feeds them with DC
> voltage, which causes the synchro to spit out a sin/cos (I think)
> signal.... The instruments and stuff I have from Sims have lot's of
> synchros in, and not one of them needs 400Hz or makes that current
> internaly.

Every synchro I have is rated for either 28 or 115 volts AC at 400Hz.  No
commercial flight simulator I've ever seen drives a real synchro on DC.
They way they're wired precludes them from producing a correct signal on
DC. (DC has no sine wave, which the synchro manipulates or is manipulated
by)  If it's working on DC, then it's not a synchro.

g.