[simpits-tech] Nyaa! First instrument :)

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:14:44 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Sean Galbraith wrote:

> >Wiring in the Hawker is mostly greyish-blue - and bluish-grey.
>
> insert pun about good old lucas wiring, don't fly in the rain etc etc....

How they ever got this bird in the air at all is beyond me. It's built
like the proverbial brick sh*thouse! It even has stainless steel panels.

> >If you've a set of 20mm Hispano cannons I'd take em.
> If I had a set of cannons..... sorry, got sidetracked ;-)

There's a firestreak for sale on Ebay  ;)

> Speaking of ASI.... I lost both airspeed indicators (primary and backup) on
> my KC-10 about 6 hours ago... got pitot heat on, but there is nothing
> there.... hopefully it'll come right on the approach to Aviano, otherwise
> it'll be an "interesting" approach.
>
> Oh well, 11 hours 40 down, only about 28 to go..

Madder than at first suspected....

Roy.