[simpits-tech] SR-71 Manual online

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:48:19 +0000

Very cool!

I gotta say, though, if there is one plane I wouldn't want to build a pit
for, its the Habu. I mean, yeah, its an AWESOME aircraft (one of, if not
THE, best ever), but from everything I've seen and heard, the thing was a
MONSTER to fly. An accurate simulation would be more work than fun, because
you'd know in the back of your head that you weren't REALLY going Mach
3000000. ;)

My .02$
Brian

PS - if you havent picked up and read the book "Sled Driver" by Brian Shul
yet, DO IT! Some of the best Blackbird pics EVER, and a great insight into
the Habu.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Sean Galbraith <sean.g@paradise.net.nz>
To: Simpits List <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
Subject: [simpits-tech] SR-71 Manual online
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 07:05:37 +1300

[Stolen from another list, posted by "Sirius"]

SR-71 Online brings you the declassified Blackbird Flight Manual, available
to browse free on their Web site. The 1,052-page manual for the supersonic
spy plane includes sections on Flight Characteristics, Emergency
Procedures, and more...
http://www.sr-71.org/index.html
http://www.sr-71.org/blackbird/manual/index.htm

Sean.