[simpits-tech] VB Code to strip digits apart

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:31:27 -0800 (PST)

> I have read reports it will be actually faster because of the optimization
> build in Windows 2003. Which makes sense because the greater granularity of
> the application will make caching schemes more efficient. And if you already
> upgraded from 2000 to XP you know that caching can make a big difference.

Well I don't care what kind of Tinkerbell magic they use in their tests,
there is no way in hell they're going to convince me that a byte-code
intepreted program is faster than the same program running on bare metal.

There's a *reason* marketing people need to be killed as soon as they're
identified. ;)

> On the other hand, there is nothing more fun than writing blindingly fast
> highly optimized C++ code :)

Pfft.  What write C++ when you can do it in assembler? :)

> To the beginners I would say: stick to Delphi and when version 8 hits the
> shelves you'll have best of both worlds.

Has Borland given any ETA?  I'm avoiding buying v7 just for that reason.

g.