[simpits-tech] VB Code to strip digits apart

Erwin Neyt simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:44:58 +0100

Gene,

Just a reaction on you comment that execution time of the .Net assemblies is
slower.

I have read reports it will be actually faster because of the optimization
build in Windows 2003. Which makes sense because the greater granularity of
the application will make caching schemes more efficient. And if you already
upgraded from 2000 to XP you know that caching can make a big difference.

It was not clear to me however if they compared it to binaries running on
Windows2003 or to binaries running on the older versions of Windows.
Bottom line was: don't worry about execution time, in the end it will be
just as fast.

On the other hand, there is nothing more fun than writing blindingly fast
highly optimized C++ code :)

To the beginners I would say: stick to Delphi and when version 8 hits the
shelves you'll have best of both worlds.

Erwin.