[simpits-tech] Hagstrom vs Epic

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:22:27 -0800 (PST)

>  I'm concerned with how I'll be able to link in things like
> annunciators, etc. without using something like Epic.
>  Any advice?

Try a Phidget instead.  You get more bang for your buck.

A typical Phidget setup can do everything with the exception of providing
"joystick" inputs.  This just means that while you can connect analog
devices like potentiometers to a Phidget, it won't be seen by the computer
as a joystick.  This is no big deal since you can easily get your joystick
inputs elsewhere.

I'm hoping that Chester will make a version of the new driver that will
present the analog channels as joystick inputs. :)

If you have any specific questions about Phidgets or EPIC (I do have both)
I'll be happy to answer them.

g.