[simpits-tech] Hagstrom vs Epic

Ido Dekkers simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:43:51 +0200

why don't you try phidgets ?  at http://www.phidgets.com/
they are a lot cheaper usually and a lot more flexible

Ido

             "Kevin Foisy"
             <kevin.foisy@stea
             lthbits.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
             simpits-tech-admi                                          cc
             n@simpits.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [simpits-tech] Hagstrom vs Epic
             02/19/2003 05:25
             PM

             Please respond to
             simpits-tech@simp
                  its.org

Question for all of you...I'll be moving into the h/w stages of my flight
deck soon.  Looking for advice on whether to go Epic or Hagstrom for
interfacing.

What are the pros and cons of each?  I've heard that Hagstrom will limit
you quickly while Epic, although more complex will leave more doors open.
I'm a developer, so I'm not afraid of a little code but don't want to make
a second career of writing code for Epic.

I'm concerned with how I'll be able to link in things like annunciators,
etc. without using something like Epic.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Kevin