[simpits-tech] CAD

Craig Rochester simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:47:59 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C2D732.D2541E60

I use AutoCAD, but I don't recommend it for the casual user.  The learning curve is quite steep and it's not
the best 3D solid modeling program anyway.

I found this free 3D program.  It looks good at first glance, but I really haven't used it much.

ProDESKTOP Express 2001:
http://www.ptc.com/appserver/it/icm/cda/template_lib/product/icm01_product_v.jsp?&im_dbkey=2295&im_language=en
&tab=try

Craig R.

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org]On Behalf Of G Cropp
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 7:31 PM
To: Simpits-Tech
Subject: [simpits-tech] CAD

Would like some help. I'm designing a small cockpit for myself again. I'm
pretty good a building things but I would like to put the design on the
computer. I'm not a good  artist and don't draw that well but I have
pictures of a mock-up. My question is how can I get what I want into the
computer into some form of a CAD drawing or something I can manipulate to
look at from different angles and different colors. I don't currently know
how to use any CAD program nor do I own one. I could probably download a
simple freeware or share ware product for what I want to do. I have seen
these conceptual type drawings on a lot of cockpit sites. How do you do it?

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C2D732.D2541E60

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P><FONT size=3D2>I use AutoCAD, but I don't recommend it for the casual =

user.&nbsp; The learning curve is quite steep and it's not the best 3D =
solid=20
modeling program anyway.<BR><BR>I found this free 3D program.&nbsp; It =
looks=20
good at first glance, but I really haven't used it =
much.<BR><BR>ProDESKTOP=20
Express 2001:<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.ptc.com/appserver/it/icm/cda/template_lib/product/icm0=
1_product_v.jsp?&amp;im_dbkey=3D2295&amp;im_language=3Den&amp;tab=3Dtry" =

target=3D_blank>http://www.ptc.com/appserver/it/icm/cda/template_lib/prod=
uct/icm01_product_v.jsp?&amp;im_dbkey=3D2295&amp;im_language=3Den&amp;tab=
=3Dtry</A><BR><BR>Craig=20
R.<BR><BR>-----Original Message-----<BR>From:=20
simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org<BR>[<A=20
href=3D"mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org"=20
target=3D_blank>mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org</A>]On Behalf Of G =

Cropp<BR>Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 7:31 PM<BR>To:=20
Simpits-Tech<BR>Subject: [simpits-tech] CAD<BR><BR><BR>Would like some =
help. I'm=20
designing a small cockpit for myself again. I'm<BR>pretty good a =
building things=20
but I would like to put the design on the<BR>computer. I'm not a =
good&nbsp;=20
artist and don't draw that well but I have<BR>pictures of a mock-up. My =
question=20
is how can I get what I want into the<BR>computer into some form of a =
CAD=20
drawing or something I can manipulate to<BR>look at from different =
angles and=20
different colors. I don't currently know<BR>how to use any CAD program =
nor do I=20
own one. I could probably download a<BR>simple freeware or share ware =
product=20
for what I want to do. I have seen<BR>these conceptual type drawings on =
a lot of=20
cockpit sites. How do you do=20
-tech=20
mailing list<BR>Simpits-tech@simpits.org<BR><A=20