[simpits-tech] CAD

Sittisudjatum, Sukit simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:29:03 +0700

You probably have to start learning the AutoCAD.  It won't easy for beginner.  But if you're a good builder, you can also be a good CAD drawer :)  Once you're good in using it, you will find more ways to design, adjust, and save a lot of time and $$$.  Waste your time in the computer program is much better than waste money (and time) on the paper and wooden prototypes.

You may find some of the drawing I made in the Simpits's FTP... I made it from AutoCAD. Starting by making 2D drawings, then add "thickness" to the 2D polygons in the 3D mode. Finally flip, rotate, mirror, and assembly them to see if they are good.  If you're a good builder and good in using computer programs, you'll get used to any CAD program in short time.

Sukit Sittisudjatum
www.thaiflight.com
Bangkok, Thailand

-----Original Message-----
From: G Cropp [mailto:gcompc@interfold.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2003 7:31 AM
To: Simpits-Tech
Subject: [simpits-tech] CAD

Would like some help. I'm designing a small cockpit for myself again. I'm
pretty good a building things but I would like to put the design on the
computer. I'm not a good  artist and don't draw that well but I have
pictures of a mock-up. My question is how can I get what I want into the
computer into some form of a CAD drawing or something I can manipulate to
look at from different angles and different colors. I don't currently know
how to use any CAD program nor do I own one. I could probably download a
simple freeware or share ware product for what I want to do. I have seen
these conceptual type drawings on a lot of cockpit sites. How do you do it?