[simpits-tech] F16 DED replacement

Ido Dekkers simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:20:32 +0200

The GU256X64-312 looks right, exact height exact dot pitch ( 0.4mm), but a
bit to long 102.3 instead of 76.2,
can we find 26.1mm of hiding space ? for the PFD i think we can but as far
as i can see finding extra room in the DED area is impossible if you want
to keep the original dimensions.
do mind that the PCB size is 166x47 mm !!!
Anyone know how much these cost ?

Ido

             Erwin Neyt
             <rwntn@hvv.nl>
             simpits-tech-admi         "'simpits-tech@simpits.org'"
             n@simpits.org             <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
                                                                        cc

             02/12/2003 05:30                                      Subject
             PM                        RE: [simpits-tech] F16 DED
                                       replacement

             Please respond to
             simpits-tech@simp
                  its.org

> Does anyone know the dot pitch ( size ) of the DED :
http://www.littoncanada.com/p234.htm

It's right there, Ido: 1"x1" and 64 pix/inch, which will give you 192x64
pixels for the DED 3"(w)x1"(h).

>since i know no one found something compatible ? please correct me if I'm
wrong, if we find something with the same dot pitch here :
http://www.noritake-elec.com/graphic.htm ,  that is >big enough, maybe we
can hide it behind the panel and use only the visible part.

..but I want it looking like a real one.. :)

Erwin.