[simpits-tech] May the Force Feedback be with you...

Keenan Akin simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 20:26:56 -0600

--------------040807070701040009060300

True.  But I was thinking that this was a good balance between absolute
realism and complexity.

Keenan

Matt Bailey wrote:

>The thing is, in real life, control pressure increases as the control device
>is moved further from center.
>
>	-Matt Bailey
>
>On Saturday 08 February 2003 19:14, you wrote:
>
>>Ken,
>>
>>What if you used a variable pressure regulator (sensing airspeed) to
>>supply the closed cylinder?  That way, the presure that you would have
>>to push against with the stick would only vary with airspeed, not stick
>>position.
>>
>>Keenan
>>
>>Ken Schlote wrote:
>>
>>>Hi All,
>>>
>>>I woke up this morning and was thinking of some comments for this
>>>problem of trim and centering the stick. Matt has said it well. My
>>>comment for trim was going to be the same. As for the closed cylinder
>>>I'm not so sure. If the cylinder is closed the movement of the shaft
>>>will increase the pressure to a point were you can't move the shaft.
>>>The cylinder will need to be big so the amount of movement won't
>>>increase the pressure much. If the cylinder is attached to a big
>>>chamber(and maybe this is what you are thinking Matt) then the
>>>movement of the cylinder won't be noticed. This system will also need
>>>two cylinders per axis.
>>>
>>>My idea may work, use an innertube around a circular disk (attached to
>>>the stick) inside a retaining ring. The pressure would be controlled
>>>the same way but when you move the stick the disk would press on the
>>>innertube and you would feel the pressure. The air would simply move
>>>to the otherside of the tube and the pressure would remain the same.
>>>The stick would self center because the tube would go back the the
>>>orginal shape. This would be the same pressure in all directions.Trim
>>>would be just moving the tube assembly to a different center.
>>>
>>>Any thoughts or comments?
>>>
>>>Ken

>.

--------------040807070701040009060300

<head>
</head>
True. &nbsp;But I was thinking that this was a good balance between absolute realism
and complexity.<br>
Keenan<br>
Matt Bailey wrote:<br>

--------------040807070701040009060300--